Direct Tension Indicators Washers (EN 14399 Part 9)
Direct Tension Indicators Washers to BS EN 14399-9
Andrews Fasteners company in manufacturing Direct Tension Indicators Washers (DTI Washers) in well know in construction industry company based in United States – TurnaSure. All our washers are marked with our headmark FAST (previously AND.).
Benefits of using Direct Tensions Indicators Washers:
- The use of DTIs is the simplest way of ensuring that bolting assemblies are tensioned properly;
- The use of DTIs saves cost on inspection.;
- No torque figures are required, only feeler gauges;
- Risk reduction on over tightening;
- DTIs are manufactured in compliance with EN 14399-9 and can be supplied with CE approved preload bolting assemblies;
- Unique curved protrusion design of Turnasure DTIs reduce necessary of using nut face / bolt face washers for 8.8 grade assemblies;
- Direct Tension Indicators (DTI) retain their accuracy regardless of their surface condition during tightening, be they oiled, coated or even rusted.
- DTIs can be fully flattened before the bolt yields thanks to their unique geometry, so a flattened DTI can be seen at a distance without the need for a feeler gauge.
- DTIs provide assurance of slip resistance.
|Direct Tension Indicators Washers (DTI Washers)||EN 14399 Part 9|
Alternative to BS 7644-1, ASTM F959M
|M12 – M36|
|Bare / Blackened (Black Oxide)|
Hot Dip Galvanised
|EN ISO 10684|
BS 7371 Part 6
|SHER / SHERA|
|EN ISO 17668|
BS 7371 Part 8
Bright Zinc Plated
|EN ISO 4042|
BS 7371 Part 3
Mechanical Applied Coating
|BS 7371 Part 7|
For technical information and advice on the use of Direct Tension Indicators Washers supplied by Andrews Fasteners please see our Technical Support Page.